A fee shall be paid by each Member which will be fixed annually by the General Assembly.
Members of the Bremen Cotton Exchange
The Bremen Cotton Exchange was founded in 1872 by Bremen merchant families involved in the cotton trade. Soon, however, processors of the raw material, the spinning mills, were also included in the association. By connecting the cotton processing industry, the Cotton Exchange had a unique network of growers, trade and industry.
Our membership structure reflects the historical development of the cotton industry and the current dynamics of the textile industry. In addition to trade, the processing industry as well as service providers from the insurance, banking and logistics sectors are playing an increasingly important role. With growing interest in the raw material and the issue of transparency, we are seeing increasing interest from the higher levels of the textile chain.
Ordinary Members of the Bremer Baumwollbörse may be:
- those firms which are registered in a commercial register or comparable register (registered firm) which are involved in the trade of cotton, other textile fibres and the products thereof or otherwise involved in the textile value chain;
- registered firms involved in the processing and finishing of cotton and other cotton products, as well as other textile fibres and textile fibre products;
- legal representatives of an Ordinary Member of the Bremer Baumwollbörse (Personal Members). A Personal Member may remain a Personal Member even if he is no
longer a legal representative; this also applies where the firm ceases to be an Ordinary Member of the Bremer Baumwollbörse.
- Associations which aim, among other things, to promote the textile value chain.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Bremen Cotton Exchange, please use the application form:
Application Form (Acrobat© PDF-Format)
- Applications for membership shall be submitted in writing to the President. They must be supported by three Ordinary Members.
- The Board of Directors shall decide on the admission to membership.
|Your benefits as a member:
|International Cotton Conference Bremen at reduced price
|Subscription of the Bremen Cotton Report
|Regular information about cotton prices
|A broad network
|Trainings and seminars at a reduced price
|Consulting services upon request