The Bremen Cotton Exchange organizes cotton seminars at regular intervals. These provide participants with knowledge about cotton as a raw material.
Contents of the seminars:
- Conventional classification of raw cotton of different provenances in the classification rooms of the Bremen Cotton Exchange
- Die Praxis moderner Prüfmethoden (HVI) im Faserinstitut Bremen e.V.
- Explanatory notes on the trading conditions of the Bremen Cotton Exchange
- Technical issues of the international cotton trade
- Cotton futures trading
- Financing and insurance in the international cotton business
Training is provided by competent experts from the respective field. Production and marketing of cotton as well as spinning and processing techniques are explained by the seminar instructors using videos and photos. The limited number of participants enables the instructors to also cater to special interests of individuals and to set appropriate focal points. Each participant subsequently receives a certificate of participation in the course.