Globalization has always applied to the cotton trade. Cotton and its processing were and are, after all, a thoroughly international business.
This also applies to our work as an association. The Bremen Cotton Exchange is therefore a member of numerous international working groups. Global networking is of great relevance in the cotton world in order to achieve common goals or to share information and research results across countries.
Not only for our association work, but also for our members, the membership of the Bremen Cotton Exchange in the organizations and working groups listed below is a good opportunity to exert influence and receive information at various levels. Our international network ranges, for example, from the international umbrella organization of cotton associations CICCA to the political level of ICAC in Washington and the SEEP working group, which deals with sustainability issues at the scientific level.
Selected nodes of our competence network are:
- CICCA – Committee for International Co-operation between Cotton Associations
- CICCA List of Unfulfilled Awards
- ICAC – International Cotton Advisory Committee
- SEEP- Expert Panel on the Social Environmental and Economic Performance of Cotton
- PSAP – Private Sector Advisory Panel
- CSITC – Commercial Standardisation of Instrument Testing of Cotton
- ITMF – International Textile Manufacturers Federation
- German Alliance for Sustainable Textiles
- Industry Advisory Board of the Textile Development and Marketing Department, Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT)
- DNFI – Discover Natural Fibres Initiative
- ACME – Association of Cotton Merchants in Europe
If you have any questions about our network, we will be happy to help you.